Written by Eimi Nishihira
In late October, multiple news outlets reported that the 2023-2024 winter season will bring winter blizzards and more chance for snow. With that in mind, there are a few things you can do to prepare for any winter storm that might occur suddenly. Make sure you have available:
- Flashlights and batteries
- Extra food and water that require no refrigeration or cooking
- Extra baby supplies such as diapers and formula
- First-aid supplies
- An emergency heat source such as a fireplace, wood stove, or space heater
- Extra pet food and warm shelter for your pets
- Extra medications
- Make sure to check that your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly
With a snowy winter prediction, CentroNía would like to remind parents to be attentive to any inclement weather that may cause closures. We recommend updating your contact information for our records so we may reach you in the case of any weather emergencies, closures, or delays.
Please fill out this form and return it to our admissions office!
You can find more information on winter preparedness at: