Information regarding COVID-19
CentroNía is committed to ensuring children and families have the information and support they need during this difficult time. This page documents the updates we have shared with our community as well as additional resources in the community that are available to children and families. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly through the contact form.
COVID-19 Letters to Parents
Free Diapers for Families
CentroNía is pleased to serve as a distribution hub for the Greater DC Diaper Bank. As a hub, CentroNía will be distributing one month’s supply of free diapers (per child in the household) for families in need in the community. In order to maintain proper social distancing practices, we will schedule appointments for families interested in receiving diapers. Complete the information in the form linked below and a representative from CentroNía will be in touch as soon as possible with information regarding your appointment.
Educational Tools and Resources for Home Learning
It’s important that early learners continue learning during this extended time at home. Please take a moment to look at the following resources with tools and strategies to support home learning. If you have found other helpful tools and resources, please let us know!
Frequently Asked Questions
What options are available for families who rely on the meals served at school?
At CentroNía, we understand the meals we serve each day to early learners are incredibly important. Please consider the following agencies/organizations if you or someone you know would benefit from assistance with food and meals.
- DC Public Schools: https://dcps.dc.gov/coronavirus
- DC Meal Map: https://empowerk12.org/student-meals-covid-19
- Montgomery County Public Schools: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/
- Prince George’s County: http://pgcfec.org/multimedia/latest-news/item/66-food-assistance-resources-for-residents-impacted-by-covid-19.html
- Capital Area Food Bank: https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/covid19response/
- The Salvation Army: http://salvationarmynca.org
- St. Stephen and the Incarnation Episcopal Church: https://www.saintstephensdc.org
- Spanish Catholic Center: https://www.catholiccharitiesdc.org/familysupportservcies
- National Community Church: https://national.cc
- Other Community Organizations: https://www.freefood.org/c/dc-washington
What does COVID-19 feel like?
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
Here’s how symptoms compare to other common illnesses:
How can you prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Practice the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, multiple times a day. An 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when feeling sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in a trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Seek medical attention if you have reason to believe you have been exposed to coronavirus or influenza. Call your healthcare provider before visiting a healthcare facility.
For more information about preventing the spread of COVID-19, visit: http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about
Hand Washing Guide: English / Spanish
Stop the Spread of Germs: English / Spanish
What you need to know about COVID-19: English / Spanish
Symptoms of COVID-19: English / Spanish / Amharic
For Teachers and Childcare Providers:
Read Leaf Press Blog: http://redleafpressblog.org/2020/03/12/covid-19-resource-round-up-for-child-care-providers
Information, News, and Resources:
DC Public Schools: https://dcps.dc.gov/coronavirus
Montgomery County Public Schools: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/
Montgomery County Comprehensive List of Resources: https://www.infomontgomery.org/covid-19-updates/
Comprehensive list of DC resources: https://peoplesschooldc.wordpress.com/dc-coronavirus-resource-page/
Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus (translation tabs available at top of page)
DC Health: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/
Maryland Department of Health: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/Coronavirus.html