Information Regarding COVID-19
CentroNía is committed to ensuring children and families have the information and support they need as we navigate the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. This page documents the updates we have shared with our community as well as additional community resources that are available to children and families. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us directly through the contact form.
Resources for CentroNía Parents
COVID-19 Letters to Parents
Frequently Asked Questions
What options are available for families who rely on the meals served at school?
At CentroNía, we understand the meals we serve each day to early learners are incredibly important. Please consider the following agencies/organizations if you or someone you know would benefit from assistance with food and meals.
- DC Public Schools: https://dcps.dc.gov/coronavirus
- Montgomery County Public Schools: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/
- Prince George’s County: http://pgcfec.org/multimedia/latest-news/item/66-food-assistance-resources-for-residents-impacted-by-covid-19.html
- Capital Area Food Bank: https://www.capitalareafoodbank.org/covid19response/
- The Salvation Army: http://salvationarmynca.org
- Spanish Catholic Center: https://www.catholiccharitiesdc.org/familysupportservcies
- National Community Church: https://national.cc
- Other Community Organizations: https://www.freefood.org/c/dc-washington
What does COVID-19 feel like?
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to COVID-19
- Shortness of breath
Here’s how symptoms compare to other common illnesses:
How can you prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Practice the following to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, multiple times a day. An 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when feeling sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in a trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Seek medical attention if you have reason to believe you have been exposed to coronavirus or influenza. Call your healthcare provider before visiting a healthcare facility.
For more information about preventing the spread of COVID-19, visit: http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about
Reminders for Child Care: English | Spanish | Amharic
Hand Washing Guide: English / Spanish
COVID Healthy Habits for Families: English / Spanish
Stop the Spread of Germs: English / Spanish
What you need to know about COVID-19: English / Spanish
Symptoms of COVID-19: English / Spanish / Amharic
How mRNA COVID-19 vaccines work: English / Spanish / Amharic
National Public Radio (NPR) Cartoon: English
Center for Disease Control: English
National Association of School Psychologists: English / Spanish
Coronavirus and Kids: English
ABCs of COVID-19 Sesame Street Townhall: English
A Kid’s Guide to Coronavirus: English
Los Defensores Contra el COVID-19 Libro de Dibujos: Spanish
For Teachers and Childcare Providers:
Read Leaf Press Blog: http://redleafpressblog.org/2020/03/12/covid-19-resource-round-up-for-child-care-providers
Information, News, and Resources:
DC Public Schools: https://dcpsreopenstrong.com/health
Montgomery County Public Schools: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/
Montgomery County Comprehensive List of Resources: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/
Comprehensive list of DC resources: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-resources
Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about
World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus (translation tabs available at top of page)
DC Health: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/
Maryland Department of Health: https://phpa.health.maryland.gov/Pages/Novel-coronavirus.aspx
Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/HHS/RightNav/Coronavirus.html
CDC Vaccine Info: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines.html
DC Health Vaccine Info: https://coronavirus.dc.gov/vaccine
Montgomery County Dept. of Health Vaccine Info: https://montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/vaccine/
Vaccine Info for Children: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/COVID-19/Pages/Getting-Your-Child-Ready-for-the-COVID-19-Vaccine.aspx