What is CentroNía's Advisory Committee?
CentroNía’s Advisory Committee is comprised of a group of enthusiastic and passionate young professionals in their 20’s and 30’s who network and raise friends, funds, and visibility for the children and families of CentroNía. The Advisory Committee works together to create year-round opportunities of engagement ranging from hosting fundraising events to volunteering with our community.
Unlike a governing board of directors, an advisory committee does not have any formal legal responsibilities or decision-making authority. Aadvisory committees are incredibly helpful for purposes of fundraising, gathering advice on specific programs or events, or helping reach new and different networks of people and supporters.
Since its creation in August 2017 CentroNía’s Advisory Committee has played an important role in CentroNía’s awareness and fundraising efforts, through volunteering at events, purchasing tickets and spreading the word, and setting up personal peer-to-peer fundraising pages. In CentroNía’s inaugural ¡Buen Provecho! A Taste of Columbia Heights, advisory committee members provided tremendous support through taking on lead volunteer roles, with nearly 75% member participation. Several committee members have used Facebook and other platforms to directly fundraise for CentroNía, raising hundreds of dollars in support of CentroNía’s children and families.
Ways to Get Involved
There are countless ways to get involved with CentroNía and as a part of the Advisory Committee we hope that you will feel even more connected to our mission and community.
- Support our event planning! Help us as we plan and execute events by sharing your expertise and advice, supporting logistics, or leveraging your network for sponsorships, finding venues, in-kind contributors, volunteers, etc.
- Help us spread the word! One of the biggest goals in for this committee is to help grow and diversify CentroNía’s network of supporters. By reaching out to your friends, coworkers, or extended network about upcoming events, more people will hear about CentroNía! This could be as simple as sharing, retweeting, or posting on social media. If you’re part of list-servs or prefer email, we are also able to support you in reaching out that way.
- Join us! Beyond spreading the word, we hope you will join us at events. Members of the advisory committee have first access to event tickets as well as special discount codes.
- Host your own event! We LOVE it when people host third-party fundraising events. This could be as simple as inviting all your friends to a happy hour where the venue donates a percentage of sales or hosting a game night at your home with a small buy-in from participants. You may also donate your birthday to CentroNía and accept donations in lieu of gifts.
- Volunteer! Does your office or club sports team want a way to give back to the community (or an excuse to get away for a few hours on a Friday morning)? Bring them to volunteer at CentroNía! This is a great way for you to introduce your network to CentroNía and it lets them see exactly how their support is helping our community. Whether it’s reading with our early learners or helping paint walls with our Facilities team, we love seeing new faces here to help.
Interested in the CentroNía Advisory Committee?
To receive more information about how you can get involved, please fill out the contact form below. Be sure to mention the CentroNía Advisory Committee in your message.