Breakfast in a Jar
Kick start your morning with a delicious breakfast in a jar! Below find how to prepare it.
- Grab a clean 8 oz. mason jar or equivalent container.
- Place 4 oz of dry rolled whole grain oats at the bottom.
- Add enough milk (fat-free, soymilk or almond milk) to cover the oats. ~1/3 of jar
- Add plain Greek yogurt or unflavored regular yogurt to the jar.
- Sprinkle flax seeds or chia seeds on top; also a drizzle of honey to ease Greek yogurt flavor.
- Add fruit! All types of berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries) or banana are good options.
- Shake and place in fridge overnight
- Enjoy it for breakfast!
Heart Health Benefits:
- Oats help lower cholesterol
- Chia seeds are packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, which help to lower bad cholesterol, blood pressure, and inflammation
- Raspberries and honey are filled with antioxidants which can fight against heart and circulatory diseases