Notre Dame Mission Volunteer AmeriCorps does just that! NDMVA places members in schools and organizations serving youth and adults that fall below the poverty line with the goal to increase student engagement as well as adult job readiness. We also provide team building, professional development, and reflection space in bi-weekly meetings. These are opportunities to talk with fellow members about their service, build connections between service sites, and create meaningful relationships with other change makers. Over 11 months (from September to July) members serve full time to complete 1700 hours of service to the community.
AmeriCorps Members at CentroNía will support our organization as Community Education and Engagement AmeriCorps through:
Work in our Out of school time program with children grades children Kinder – 12th grade
- Tutoring school age children
- Creating and implementing lesson plans
- Performing class observations
- Member benefits include:
- Bi-weekly living stipend of $624.
- Education Award of $5920, upon successful completion of program.
- Health insurance
- Child Care Assistance (upon application)
To apply please visit; http://www.ndmva.org/serve/americorps/washington-d-c/