Looking for a great cooking activity for kids? Making homemade meatballs is a fun way to get your children in the kitchen! Just ask them to roll the turkey mixture into small rounds, but remind them now to eat them raw! Why turkey? We chose turkey to keep the protein lean and healthy.
Homemade Turkey Meatballs (Serves 6)
1 lb ground turkey
1 onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp oil
1. Mix turkey, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
2. Shape turkey mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a large plate.
3. Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. When hot, place meatballs in one by one, cooking until each side is golden brown.
4. Heat marinara Sauce. Place turkey meatballs and simmer until meatballs are cooked through and the flavors blend, about 10 minutes.
5. Serve over whole wheat pasta or brown rice and enjoy!