Did you know?
- 1/3 of the most common cancers can be prevented by having a nutritious diet, being physically active and maintaining a healthy body weight.
- Founded by the Cancer Society of New Zealand, Junk Free June is a non-profit organisation promoting eating junk free for the month of June.
- So what can you do? Stay active and junk free.
- A green smoothie is a great way to sneak those 5-9 daily portions of fruit and vegetables in your diet! Also great for children that aren’t keen on vegetables.
GREEN SMOOTHIE (2 SERVINGS)
You will need:
- 2 medium ripe banana
- 1 cup of fresh, canned, or frozen pineapple
- 3 large handfuls of fresh spinach (washed)
- 1/2 cup of low fat yogurt
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 8 ice cubes
Put all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth. Serve immediately.