Educating children and youth and strengthening families, in a bilingual, multicultural environment.
We instill the love of learning for our children, families and staff. We seek to nurture this growth in an atmosphere of respect, innovation and collaboration.
Founded as the Calvary Bilingual Multicultural Learning Center to provide high quality, affordable and accessible early childhood education; housed in the Calvary United Methodist Church, the program initially served 15 children.
Expanded programs to include after-school and parent education to reflect the growing needs in the community.
Moved to 1420 Columbia Road, donated by Verizon; enrollment grows to 100 preschoolers, youth and parents.
Infant and Toddler Program is launched.
CentroNía DC Bilingual Public Charter School enrolls its 1st class of pre-kindergarten and kindergarten students.
85 pre-kindergarteners enroll at new site at Harvard Street location.
Re-branded as CentroNía, derived from Spanish, Swahili, and Esperanto--a language created in the 19th century to help bridge cultures; Centro means “center” in Spanish; Nia means “purpose” in Swahili and “our” in Esperanto.
Programs expanded to Takoma Park, Maryland to serve the growing immigrant community in Montgomery County.
CentroNía DC Bilingual Public Charter School graduates 1st 5th grade class. CentroNía also recieves Early Head Start funding.